Job offer information
• Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose? An inclusive company that empowers you to do your best and be innovative?
• We are looking for Application Developer / Engineer to make an impact!
• At the comapny, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability.
• In this function you will be working together with various stakeholders located in Switzerland, Germany and Malaysia to develop, test and implement configuration software aiming to improve business process support by providing adequate configuration applications.
• Explore the various opportunities and prospects that company offers as a global player. Join our team and significantly be involved in the success of company through your work and personality!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Translate business requirements into specifications and design as well as perform the required functional and non-functional tests before releasing the software
• Analyse deficiencies or possible technical or process-related enhancements and propose adequate solutions to fill the gaps and improve existing applications
• Verify change requests, specify the software requirements, make the required modifications in the respective applications, test and document these changes
• Maintain and develop the existing Gutor design and configuration tools framework in close cooperation with the business
• Participate in the migration of existing tools to new software platforms
• Provide 1st and 2nd level support for internal users and support other departments regarding tooling issues
• Participate in the daily activities (planning as well as execution) in cooperation with the teams in Switzerland, Germany and Malaysia
• Document developments for involved stakeholders
• Basic education in information technology and bachelor’s degree in software engineering or similar education
• Work experience in a software development environment or equivalent internship experience
• 3-5 years practical experience in object orientated programming technologies (e.g. C++, C#, Java etc.)
• Experience with Microsoft programming technologies (mainly VBA)
• Good knowledge of and experience with relational database design and familiar with software deployment methods
• Analytical skills to translate business processes into technical solutions
• Consultative attitude to guide the business to formalize business processes and requirements
Benefits of work
• Diversified workplace with a great deal of personal responsibility
• Agile mindset
• Flexible working conditions for a good work-family balance
• Attractive future perspectives within the company, even international
• Optimal support for your career path due to regular training courses
• High motivated team and a good working atmosphere
• Attractive salary and benefits of an international company (for example, company pension, employee offers and share packages)
• Throughout Switzerland colleagues from over 25 nations – appreciation and equal opportunities
• Working in a Green Company – advocating for sustainability and energy efficiency
English - B1/B2